Tuesday 17 July 2012

My Life's First Guy


The first guy who loved me more than his life
Although he had a mother and a loving wife

The first guy to give me a feather-touch slap
When I got too naughty to avoid a mishap

The first guy who spent his spare time with me
The only guy who didn't complain to spend on me

The first guy whom I would go to for a toy
A Yes or a No, he would decide for my joy

The first guy who showed me what self-respect is
A lesson any human being can never afford to miss

The first guy from whom I would seek advice
Be it career or principles, with him I entice

The first guy to feel cheated when I fell in love
Still stayed with me without giving me a shove

The first guy to call me from a thousand miles away
When he hasn't heard from me for more than a day

My life's first guy is still the asset I have and had
Ain't it obvious? I am proud that he is my Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment